- The City Wire: High school girls immersed in IT possibilities
The City Wire features Information Technology Research Institute's Girls in IT event at J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
Release Date: 10/10/2013
- Walton College to Host Block Party Aug. 28
The Sam M. Walton College of Business is hosting its 21st annual Walton College Block Party from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 28, at Shollmier Plaza.
Release Date: 8/20/2013
- TAP Program Introduces Students to Information Systems, Technology
The office of diversity and inclusion at the Sam M. Walton College of Business, the college's Information Technology Research Institute and corporate sponsors conducted the Technology Awareness Program on July 7-12.
Release Date: 8/15/2013
- Phillips 66 Presents $100,000 Gift
Representatives from Houston-based energy manufacturing and logistics company Phillips 66 NYSE: PSX visited the University of Arkansas recently to present a $100,000 check to support initiatives in the Sam M. Walton College of Business and the College of Engineering.
Release Date: 7/22/2013
- Walton College Recognizes Outstanding Student, Alumni Achievement at Awards Banquet
The Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas held its 20th annual awards banquet Thursday at the Fayetteville Town Center.
Release Date: 4/19/2013
- RFID Research Center Opening New Home to Visitors
The RFID Research Center at the University of Arkansas is showing off its new home in its own building, the most complete supply chain technology simulation facility operating today.
Release Date: 8/28/2012
- Checkout Clerks Checking Out at J.C. Penney
Traditional checkout clerks will soon be a thing of the past for retailer J.C. Penney. CEO Ron Johnson announced at Fortune's Brainstorm Tech conference recently that the company planned to eliminate cash checkouts in its stores by the end of 2013.
Release Date: 7/25/2012
- Business Analytics Instruction Offered in August
Business analysts, project managers and others can sharpen their skills in data collection, access and interpretation through a business analytics certificate course offered by the Information Technology Research Institute.
Release Date: 7/11/2012
- How Walmart - Yes, Walmart - Created A Cottage Industry Of Small-Town Retail Innovators
Northern Arkansas isn't just the home of the world's largest retailer. It's the home of an array of cutting-edge retail and tech companies that got their start in part because Walmart is here.
Release Date: 6/27/2012
- RFID Research Center Moving Into New Home
The facility at 1637 Fred Hanna Drive in Fayetteville will be the third location for the research center since it was founded in 2005 as part of the Information Technology Research Institute. This is the first building to be entirely dedicated to the center.
Release Date: 5/21/2012
- Summer Program Introduces High School Students to Information Technology
A one-week program introducing minority students in grades 10-12 to the cutting-edge field of information technology will be held in July 8-13 at the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas.
Release Date: 4/25/2012