Mission, Vision, & Goals
The Information Technology Research Institute (ITRI) is an interdisciplinary unit for research within the Sam M. Walton College of Business.
The Information Technology Research Institute (ITRI) is an interdisciplinary unit for research within the Sam M. Walton College of Business. The mission of the ITRI is to advance the state of research and practice in the development and use of information technology for enhancing the performance of individuals and organizations; provide a forum for multi-disciplinary work on issues related to information technology; promote student interest in the study of information technology; and facilitate the exchange of information between the academic and business communities.
The Information Technology Research Institute is a nationally competitive research center serving Arkansas and the world.
- Create rigorous and relevant IT research
- Encourage and promote IT research
- Understand, explore, and encourage multi-disciplinary perspectives toward IT and IT research
- Provide a high quality IT research atmosphere that is of a recognizable national and international standard
- Increase interest in the study of information technology
- Attract students to the field of information technology
- Cooperate with industry to address IT issues through research and development
- Keep constituents informed of leading edge research through dissemination of information via various outlets such as seminars, working papers, etc.
- Facilitate interactions between and within academia and industry.